Going on a tour could be fun only when you go with the right items.
There are a lot of factors to consider. Firstly, you have to determine the weather of the country or state you are traveling to. Is it going to be a warm weather or a cold weather? before planing the items to take along.
Here are the basic items to take on a tour.
1. A Backpack and a Rolling Luggage: This is necessary to store all your valuables such as your phone, laptop, camera, passport, tickets, notepad, in hand and have your items of clothing in the luggage bag. Make sure you get a backpack with multiple functionalities, to store all valuables in place including your water bottle(s), and a lightweight luggage bag with wheels for convenience.
Lightweight Luggage Bag
2. Clothing: Depending on the season, you have to dress appropriately. Cold weather: thick clothes and boots, warm weather: light clothes and comfortable shoes, not forgetting to respect the culture you are visiting. Determine your duration and take a set of 2 -6 of these for lesser stay and longer stay. All of these must be tucked carefully in the bag.
- Lightweight clothing
- Long-sleeved shirts
- Sweaters or fleece jacket
- T-shirts and tank tops
- Pants and/or shorts
- Socks – wool socks are best for hiking
- Rain jacket, windbreaker or umbrella
- Sunglasses and glasses case
- Dresses and/or skirts
- Jewelry – Put it in a case.
- Hat or sun visor
- Scarf or bandana
- Swimsuit or swim trunks
- Cell phone and charger
- Travel speakers
- Travel pillow, eye mask and ear plugs
3. Foot wear: This also works with the weather but a flip-flop should always be included regardless, you need to bare the legs sometimes. 2 footwears (Black and any other color) is essential and a flipflop. Any more of this might lead to excess luggage.
4. Toiletries: Toothbrush, toothpaste, soap, make up kit for the ladies, comb, cream or lotion, perfume, underwear’s for both sexes shouldn’t be left behind.
- Toothbrush, toothpaste, floss, mouthwash
- Hair brush or comb, hair ties, barrettes/bobby pins
- Shampoo and conditioner
- Sunscreen and face lotion with SPF
- Make up packed in a wipeable
- Face wash and/or makeup remover wipes and q-tips
- Night time Moisturizer/Lotion
- Lip balm with SPF and lipstick or lip gloss
- Personal hygiene items
- Feminine hygiene products
- Sunglasses and Prescription Glasses (for anyone using a recommended glasses)
- Prescription medication with the label/script so that you can refill if needed and not be questioned by TSA.
Toiletry Bag Extras
- Personal mini mirror
- Hair products like hairspray, hair gel and beard oil
- Clothesline and detergent
- Shaving kit and extra razors
- Sewing kit/clothing care kit, stain remover
- Facial tissues and/or toilet paper
- Travel Towel
- Scissors, nail clippers, and tweezers (must be in checked luggage)
5. Travel Clinic: You also need to go with a first aid kit. See a list of items to put in one.
- First aid kit (bandages, gauze, adhesives, etc.)
- Personal prescriptions (copies of scripts)
- Pain and fever relievers (also children’s strength if you are traveling with kids)
- Cold medicines and throat lozenges
- Diarrhea/laxative medicines
- Allergy medicines
- Hydrocortisone cream/antibacterial ointment
- Sunburn relief
- Insect repellent/mosquito net/sting reliever
- Motion sickness pills or bands
- Altitude sickness pills (if you are planning to hike in higher altitudes)
- Eye drops
- Medicines and vaccinations specific to the region/activity
6. Travel Technology
- Smart Phone: The world is a global village and you can connect easily with anybody at any time, anywhere. A smartphone performs multiple functions. You need to communicate with your loved ones, Check GPS, Navigation apps and Travel apps as well as store information and memories of the place you will be visiting. You also need to take great pictures to have a memory of your visit saved. Just Incase your phone can’t perform such function you might have to get a camera.
- Camera: This is to take great shots of your trip. You have to tell a story when you depart for home. It will store memories. The device is to capture moments, images and share with others. It leaves an impression of who you are to the world.
- Electric converters and Adapters: Pack your Phone, Laptop chargers and travel adapters along.
- NotePad and a Pen or a Pencil: Most smartphones have this function but its essential to have a handy notepad, just to write or draw anything fascinating and also take records. It’s necessary to write or draw or express your feelings on that pad.
- Laptop, iPad, or E-reader and charger(s)
- Ear piece or Headphone
- Travel App: It just might be an unfamiliar territory and a different language from yours, a travel app with translation will be the best to have on your phone to communicate with the new people you will be meeting and also perform the exchange rate conversion. You can have it downloaded from your appstore or playstore on your mobile device.
Travel Essentials NotePad
7. Important Travel Documents:
- Tickets: Put your Passport/Visa, Personal ID, Transportation tickets (plane, train, bus, car, etc.) or park ticket in view, you must not leave it behind.
- Money: Plan to carry along with you some liquid cash then card, so you don’t get stranded and also plan to tip one or two people at the destination area. Its advisable to call your Bank or credit card companies before you travel to inform them of your travel (otherwise they might turn them off to prevent perceived fraud)
- Frequent flyer card(s) and other loyalty program card numbers
- Reservations and itineraries: Print them and save them electronically for easy access
- Hotel and/or tour contact information
- Emergency contacts and important addresses
- Copies of all these things in case you lose your wallet
- Guide books and maps
- Books and magazines
Remember: You need to travel as light as possible and also remember to leave a space in your luggage for the souvenirs you will get from your place of destination. You won’t like the sound of “an excess luggage”.
Having gathered all of this, it’s important to take that trip!